Thursday, February 18, 2010

Still in Billiburg

So the Thom Browne show is over, Thom offered to sponsor me if I stay but I want to come home and finish uni.


(my roommates boyfriends band)

I really love New York but there is a strange sort of loneliness that comes about me when I'm not crazy busy, and in New York it's exacerbated to an almost unbearable level. I miss nature, when I look out the window over Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan right now I cannot see a single tree, I can see a faint glimmer of the East River but growing up in Australia really makes you down to earth, and there's not enough earth here in this winter wonderland for me to never come home again.

I booked a ticket to Vegas and so am going to travel across the country (comme Jack Keruac) to meet up with some boys & drive around in matching hats and jackets in a red pick-up truck. Hopefully there will be beer & mushrooms & desert & sparkles involved, maybe even body paint.

Here is my favorite current menswear collection, every single look really rocks my world, even more than Lanvin men or (dare I say it) Thom Browne.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

mizzyouse EC xo

1 comment:

n u k a said...

that was so melancholy em, i hope you're okay. at least you know that should you return you have so much at your fingertips.

my friend who works at someday in curtain house told me they're selling rabbit feet charms and i told him i want one.. then told him no i want a racoon tail and showed him your photos. he was really freaked out and said they looked like giant caterpillars and now i can't stop thinking of that when i look at them!

when are you home?