Wednesday, February 10, 2010

raccoon (OLD)

(I WROTE THIS BLOG A WEEK AGO AND SAVED IT AS A DRAFT BECAUSE I HAD NO TIME TO FINISH IT, SORRY, CONFUSING TIMELINE OF EVENTS. WILL UPDATE REALISTICALLY SOON)

14 inches of snow has fallen from the sky.

since this time yesterday.

New York is silent & deserted, bar the sound of snow fights between fashion designers going mad with fashion week stress

All the snow has shut the entire city down, everything is closed. So what better for 3 girls to do when locked up than get naked and drape ourselves in raccoon tails.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Same raccoon tails that I have been creating pin cushions of my fingers with for the past few days adding to every seam and hem imaginable.

Same raccoon tails that put me in my first bad mood since leaving Australia.

Yesterday I was in a bad mood, to make me feel better today Robert (designer for Thom Browne) made me a key-lime pie to fulfil one of my New York fantasies.

It was incredible

Fashion week preparation is killing me, there is so much to do and Thom keeps adding pieces to the collection and making crazy insane decisions that require me to sew so much my wrists ache like they have opposing magnets within my skin and my fingers don't open and close so easily anymore.

I hate leather. I hate raccoon tails (unless naked), I hate scarves, I hate Thom Browne labels, I hate mink coats, I hate sewing elbow patches, I hate cataloging fabrics for spring 2011, I hate garment bags, I hate steamers, I hate stinky models.

EC

ps: best quote of this trip "Emily, you're taking so many photos, always clicking away aren't you, hope you're not putting them on some crazy Australian blog". Thom Browne

second best quote of this trip "Hi, my name is Omgina, god unfortunately blessed me with the wrong gina." Drag queen
and later "my vagina got wet"
I would highly recommend Ru Paul's drag race if you're interested in smiling so much your eyeballs pop out of their membranes and end up in your bowl of popcorn just like the feeling of being mega hung over but on the opposite spectrum- this feels good.

1 comment:

n u k a said...

oh. my. god. i really want a racoon tail. are they for your work or actually purchasable?

i want to move to new york so badly. it strikes me as the one place where everyone is motivated by everyone else's motivation. here it's so easy to do nothing at our age because no one is doing anything. hatehatehthetahte melbourne and its embarrassing lack of drive.